Cambridge Warming Center (CWC) opening Tuesday January 16, 2018 at 7:30 PM
City of Cambridge opens first Warming Center for the homeless.
The City of Cambridge is pleased to announce that its first warming center will open on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Located at 806 Massachusetts Avenue, the Cambridge Warming Center will provide hot meals and sleeping accommodations for the homeless. Here are all the important details:
Cambridge Warming Center
806 Massachusetts Ave
Lower level of the Citywide Senior Center
Program phone (857)292-1870
Muriel Kramer, program director, cell (508)783-6357
- Hours of operation for guests 7:30 PM to 6:30 AM
- Guests enter through rear entrance on Green Street
- Handicap accessible
- We will provide a hot meal, yoga mats for sleeping, and breakfast in the morning.
- We will tag and secure guests' bags & belongings for the night but not search them. Guests can access their bags with a staff person assisting for medications during their stay.
- Guests will be asked to turn out their pockets, remove their shoes, and be wanded at entry/re-entry
- Guests may arrive anytime during the night.
- The First Step van will help transport guests in the morning to the Albany Street shelter unless they have set out for the day on their own
Muriel Kramer is the Program Director for the CASPAR administered Cambridge Warming Center. Ms. Kramer asked to help spread the word and hopes that you feel comfortable providing feedback or suggestions in the interest of better serving guests this year, but also for the future as they establish this new program. She said, “Our hope is that together we are able to build a sustainable program for the years to come.”